I officially have my first BIG client. Not just big for me, it’s HUGE. A motivator! More on that later….
I’m feeling crazy.
I don’t know if it’s the ADD, with the OCD, or my brain cells going senile but I’m trying to remember so many things that I feel like I have multiple personality disorder.
It will all be worth it. I just need to keep checking things off, and moving on to the next.
I needed to get organized. Go ahead and tell me I’m a dork, but I spent an entire day creating a “mompreneur” corner. I am pretty organized, but I suffer from “shiny ball syndrome” in a BIG way.
The only space that’s semi-mine is the kitchen, shared with Sharpie stealers, obsessive handwashers and dog food throwers. So I decided I wanted to buy a desk and create a space for myself. I drove down to the Pottery Barn outlet in Gaffney and scored a desk, lamp, and monster bulletin board all for about $250. And yes that’s a deal, the fricken lamp was $70. But I didn’t care. I hit Walmart on my way home and grabbed a calendar, and Pier 1 had that little dog statue for $3 on clearance.
My thinking space:
So I have a desk.
And I’m blogging on my couch. Yep, here I am staring at the desk realizing it sounded smarter in theory.
So I scratched one thing off my list. A desk I didn’t really need, don’t use, but totally wanted.
On to the next.
Tomorrow I have my first official cake class. Yes, I decided to sign up for wedding cake classes regardless of the fact I started baking confetti cake cupcakes when I was 15 (20 yrs ago *cough* I’m old) for Bob and his siblings. I can make and work fondant like nobody’s business, except I want to do big professional cakes too so I figured before I’m open, this would be the perfect (errr only) time to hammer out some classes. I’ve taken classes at Johnson and Wales for bread a few years ago, but not cake decoration.
Also, tomorrow I think we’re having a quick $175 meeting to go over the lease, gotta get my phone number, print up some coupons, and finish the paper product order – namely- business cards. I have business cards but they’re personal cards. Now I need a BIZness card.
And that’s for tomorrow. The rest of my week consists of
- having my girls from Polka Dots able to work on the “paper stuff,” which means I have to get the rest of the needed info to them FOR those cards, some signage, and other things they know I need and I’m forgetting. I think what I told her was, “order what I need NOW, and just tell me what I owe you.” That’s the great thing about working with friends.
- If I could finalize my menu, I could do that too. But as soon as I have a great menu, I tear it up and start again because I want it perfect. I know it won’t be, but I’m obsessed with revising the flavors.
- I’ll be signing the lease, dropping the deposit, and hopefully receiving a ….KEY!
- I started calling around to get contractor bids. The faster I get that going, the faster my new drama will unfold
- Not to forget the business license applications, take another ride out to the health department to go over the classes that I want to take for that (not a must-do, just a want to)
- I’ve already picked out a bunch of things at the Recycled Restaurant supply store and I’m super pumped that I’m able to buy recycled, to reuse, get a deal on the cost, and see it up close and personal. The bakery cases go in a flash, so I actually need to get back out there, slip someone some cash so I’m the first person they call when a great set comes in.
- My friend Elise is hooking me up with my tshirts and I’m going to get those ordered hopefully before the end of the week….
- Gotta get in touch with Dilworth coffee for my “regular and decaf” and make sure I’m allowed to sell it in BAX.
That’s this week’s to do list, oh also see Counting Crows on Wednesday and pack/organize/drive to Virginia Beach on Friday with my girls to take Maeve to CAMP. Should be a cinch. If you call me this week, and I’m a beast or I ignore your call or miss your text, you’ll have to just not take it personally. I love y’all, but I’m in psycho-mode.