I have had lots of compliments on my banana bread, and even my kids love it.
I just made 2 loaves, and thought I would share the recipe for my family members who have had it and like it.
If it is crap, and you lied to me, continue lying. Like I said, at least my children eat it. :)
Heather’s Banana Bread
2 cups regular flour
(whole wheat does not work well)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1 cup sugar
add as many bananas as are rotting on the counter
1/2 cup applesauce (this is why mine is good)
1/4 cup walnuts if you like them. I add them if I have them.
- Grease up the 2 baking loaf pans.
- I add all of my dry ingredients in a bowl and stir them around.
- I throw the bananas in my cuisinart and mash them, add eggs, blend them in, then the applesauce.
- Poor the liquid goo in with the dry stuff.
- Add my ground up walnuts. (maybe)
- Mix. Pour. Bake.
My oven takes about 50 minutes on 350, but we all know ovens are temperamental so figure it out for yourself.
And in honor of Brinn, a song for you!
(shows like this are the reason parents are medicated) Thank You, Yo Gabba Gabba.